Menu button

LUUCC Club Emails 2012/13

Moderator: Web Monkeys

LUUCC Club Emails 2012/13

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am

HELLOOOOOOOOO LUUCC!!!!

Once again we have had an absolute cracker of a week with more paddling related stuff going on than there was repeat episodes of Top Gear on TV! The week saw both the 2011/12 Captain and Polo Secretary’s last pool sessions (Sob), The AGM in which a brand spanking new committee was voted in, members of LUUCC doing a fantastic job representing Leeds in both BUCS Canoe Pole dancing competition, and the Canoe Polo League, and yesterday saw the new committee’s hugely successful first river trip. We took a group of 22 to the Burrs and had a fantastic time going down a 19 foot waterslide, then testing out the skills of our new beginners on the river below. Well done to all. A great start!

Details from the AGM

I have to start by saying a massive thank you to the LUUCC Committee of 2011/12, and well done to everybody who went for any position at the AGM on Wednesday. Whether or not you waited until after your speech to begin drinking copiously, everybody appreciates how difficult it is to get up in front of your peers and try to talk sense and you did really well.

The 2012/13 LUUCC Committee is as follows:

Captain: Jamie Greenhalgh
Secretary: Ruby Hawes
Treasurer: Becky McEwen
Competition Secretaries: Harry Grace & Thomas Oram
Polo Secretary: Oliver Excel
Gear and Safety Secretary: Sean Carley
Social Secretaries: Camilla Varney & George Page
Ordinary Member: Ross Mcleod

Then the proper drinking began and we had a fantastic, if a little blurry celebration. Highlight for me: masses of dancing and alcohol. Highlight for everyone else: Forcibly stripping me in the middle of Walkabout.

Now on with the show!

Monday Night - Pool Session – 9pm - The Edge - £1

Games, Games, Games! This pool session will have a slight change of routine, in that the first half hour of it will be dominated by games. It is time to relax, sit yourself in a boat, and let your inner child come ever closer to the surface. If you are just itching to get working on that roll or support stroke again, don’t worry, time will be split so that you will enjoy plenty of practicing, splashing about, and in many cases, just showing off.

Wednesday Night – Social

Yo

It's Team Gorilla's ( george + camilla ) first social next week (22/02) and the plan is - meet at TERRACE at 8PM and end up at PLAYERS, stopping for some shots at STRAWBS to get hype. Players is free entry so should be legit cheap night and something a bit different to try. Hope to see you there.

Team Gorilla
Any problems
George 07502339234 ( but no texts only calls)
Millie 07850374418

Thursday Night – Canoe Polo – The Edge – 8.45PM (Meet at the Chapel)

So off the back of an interesting Polo tournament to say the least, (who’d of thought it ever got that serious) back we go to the relaxed environment of a Thursday polo session. Thinking some possession training at the start, nothing too intense, then a few standard games to finish off.

Start at 9. Edge pool. (Being all kitted up and in the pool at 9 would be great)

As always, some chocolate based prize for polo player of the week.

See ya there.
Oli. X

Sunday River Trip – Beginner/Intermediate

The coming Sunday’s trip is aimed at those paddlers who have now been on a fair few beginner and/or intermediate trips, and are now looking to progress yourselves firmly into that Intermediate category. We will be heading over to the Lake District with two aims:
1) Work hard on our river skills so that we can really begin to look stylish no matter how scared you feel inside.
2) Have as much fun as humanly possible.

Keep those eyes on the forum for signup, and if you’re not sure if this trip is for you, you need only ask!

Any problems or questions call Jamie (07940207427) or Ruby (07986811667)

Jamie X
"But I didn't come here to die... I came here to win." -Steve Fisher. YES STEVE!
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 am

Helloooooooooo LUUCC!!!!

I have some very important news for you. NSR is now less than a week away! It has come up fast and now it is finally here, and I am excited as hell! In other news the club has had a fantastic week this week, starting with a great turnout to the Monday pool session. We had an awesome Wednesday social with the new social sec team: Team Gorilla. Well-done guys! And we had a fantastic river trip on the Lune, where our club members progressed massive amounts on the water, learnt some invaluable safety skills, and then had an amazing time horsing around on a big rock.

One member said she “Had a brilliant day! Thank you so much to Laurent, Carrick, Mark and Nick who were all so helpful and positive, Which I think was key to me doing my FIRST EVER ROLL ON A RIVER (x2)!!!
Also a shout out to Paddy, who made my day that extra bit special by rugby tackling me into the water.
=D
Bring on NSR!!”

We have another great week coming, culminating in the event of the year, N...S...R. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page for the NSR transport and kit list!

So you all know the score by now. Head on down to the edge this Monday night for a fun filled hour and a half, where you can play some creative kayaking games, be coached by some of Yorkshire’s finest kayakers (...), or simply have a lark with your friends. For all those going to NSR don’t miss the kit drop off (all bigger bags and tents) that will happen during and after the pool. Alternatively you can come drop bags off at the NSArt Event described on this forum thread: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... sc&start=0

Wednesday Night – Social – 8.30pm – The Terrace

Yo

Team gorilla here again (this time will definitely be the team, George is done with tonsillitis) and this week is a bit more chilled due to NSR this weekend. Were gonna meet up at terrace at 8pm then head down to bierkeller for fun drink times. Be at terrace by 8.30pm if you wanna walk down with us if not meet us there.

Hope to see ya there

Team Gorilla

George (no texts) 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Before we all descend to NSR. POLO! Thursday 9pm. The Edge. Just a relaxed session, throw a ball about in a boat and have fun, maybe a few tactics dependent on numbers.

Bucs Polo signup now on the forum, get on it!

http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=4996

To top it off may even be a jungle themed polo player of the week prize in preparation for the weekend.

See ya there.
Oli. X

NSR Transport and Kit List!

I hope you're all getting excited for officially the biggest National Student Rodeo ever!!!

You'd best have some great jungle costumes coming along! There is a prize for the best costume, so make an effort (no onesies!)

The Plan:
You'll be getting a coach down to Nottingham from Parkinson steps on the Friday. Meet at Parky Steps at 4.45pm sharp! There will not be other transport, if you miss the bus you will not be coming. Also, there is no drinking on the bus. so please be discrete

Once you get there, you'll be able to set up your tents etc on the campsite and come over the Registration tent to get wristbands etc. You can also help with registration while you're there!

Transport List

Thursday night
Jake's Car - Leaving at 6.30pm
Nicole
Emily
Ben
Jethro

Tom O's Van - Leaving at 4.30pm
Tom C
Olivia

Charley's Van - Leaving at 3pm
Max
Harry

Alice K's Car - Leaving at 3pm
Beth
Katy
Boobies
Alice H

We'll be meeting at the Chapel at 10.15am to pack the vans before we leave. It would be awesome if anyone who is free then could come help! We'll also be going to Macro at like 1pm to get some toastie supplies, if you're free and would like to help with this then give me a text!

Friday night Party Bus - 4.45pm Parky Steps
Nicola Underhill
Rob Brown
Oliver Excell
Fiona Simkins
Isaac Jones
Vanessa Yolen
Rebecca McEwan
Kathleen McConnell
Ruth Coe
James Greenhalgh
Rodolfo Barradas-Simoes
James Bowkett
Shonagh Lowerson-Head
Katie McKay
Bryn Carter
Aidan Radford
Jessica Lamb
Jack Raffan
Hannah Ellis
Lee Etchels
Sarah Whitehurst
Hannah Page
Patrick Fuller
George Page
Arthur Mercer
Daniel Waite
Jennifer Tuppen
Theo Pelly
Alex Olney
Robert Ingham
Sean Carley
Martin Rogers
Sarah Holmes
Lucy Stuart
Christian Merriman
Adam Dumolo
Nick Greenall
Andy C
Alex Craven
Darragh McCambridge
Reuben Elliot
James Parkin
Chris Fitzsimons
Lucy Huddart

Driving themselves
Sarah W - Coming back Saturday
Carrick Armer
John Dempsey
Luke Farrington

Kit

The majority of kit will be going on the bus but there will not be space for everything. Any big bags of paddling kit or big tents will need to go in the van.

Please bring anything to go in the van to the pool session on Monday 27th February

Kit list
Lots and lots of warm clothes!
A tent/space in one/ability to pull (tent topic is here)
Sleeping Bag
Roll Mat
ID (very important - you will NOT be allowed into the party without it)
Paddling kit - thermals, shoes etc. We'll bring the rest.
Food/Water/Alcohol - you'll get a meal Saturday night but please bring some stuff for the day. There isn't anywhere to easily get food etc. Alcohol is not allowed in the party but is useful for campsite predrinks!
Money - There isn't a cash point
Jungle costume - most important! Make it good

don’t miss the kit drop off (all bigger bags and tents) that will happen during and after the pool. Alternatively you can come drop bags off at the NSArt Event described on this forum thread: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... sc&start=0

Well that pretty much covers it, but if you have any questions regarding club matters, please contact me at 0seven940207427, or Ruby at 0798six811667.
If you have questions regarding NSR, please contact Beth at 079one2440511. We are going to have a fantastic week, cant wait to see you all there!

Jamie X
"But I didn't come here to die... I came here to win." -Steve Fisher. YES STEVE!
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Helloooooo LUUCC!!!!

This is your oh so slightly Mumpy Captain speaking! I hope your recovery from the NSR is going well and not too many of you have the deathly illness known as Trent Belly, or are so hung over that you would like to think it is Trent Belly. I would like to start this email off by saying a MAHUSIVE well done and thank you firstly to this year’s organisers of the National Student Rodeo: Beth Morgan, Jake Ward and Ben D, and secondly to all you Leeds students who took part and helped out in the biggest student kayaking event in the world! I know you all had a fantastic time. You know you all had a fantastic time. But to shamelessly illustrate the point further I have copy and pasted various statements from Leeds students from Facebook. =D

“So happy to be in bed after an incredible NSR weekend. It has been amazing; thank you to Jake, Beth and Ben for everything, and to all you other lovelies who have been working hard to make the weekend PHENOMENAL. Now to pass out, I think I'm dead.”

“After a weekend of excess I'm now a broken woman... absolutely loved being surrounded by my favourite people, at my favourite event! Bring on NSR 2013, Circus themed! x x”

“Too much love for one status but Beth, Jake and Benedict! you are awesome. Special thanks also to everyone who helped me with tea and toasties. Now I am going to try and cure my post NSR blues by eating a ridiculous amount of food.”

“Thank you and crazy levels of well done and general WOO to Beth, Jake and Benedict for yet another awesome rodeo!!! :D

“2 huge parties, 5 hours of sleep, 15-odd hours of safety work, and more tea than you can shake a stick at, I'm back from NSR2012. Cheers to Jake, Beth and Benedict for making the biggest rodeo ever and to Carrick and Mark for organising the best safety team I've ever been involved in. I feel pretty dead now.”

Well sadly, National Student Rodeo 2012 has come to an end. On the other hand, Leeds University Union Canoe Club 2012 still has until May to continue in its unending voyage of awesomeness! Make sure to check in with us this week, as it is all still happening:

Still brimmed full of excitement and kayaking related energy this Monday? Come along to our evening session to release some more of that pent up paddling love. Or, if you have decided that your love for LUUCC is far too much to be contained in one person, why not bring a mate along? Our coaches and members are always on hand to help out newbies.

Wednesday Night – Social – 7.00pm – The Terrace

Hallo Jungle People,

So after everyone would have had an amaaaazing time at NSR and will probably still be feeling it, this week really is going to be a chilled one. The LUU DANCE SHOW is back so if you would like to come along grab a TICKET from the UNION HELPDESK (£5 NUS and £7 without). Meet at the TERRACE at 7.00pm as it starts at 7.30 in Riley Smith hall.

Hope to see you there!

Team Gorilla

George (no texts) 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Hey LUUCC Polo mints!

Id like to invite everyone to come down to polo on Thursday where we can share NSR stories, make a tit out of ourselves in boats, and probably play some polo. It would be great to see some new faces so if you have been to a couple of pool sessions and think you can make yourself go in a straight line (or not) why not come check us out? See you there!

Oli X

Sunday River Trip – Beginner

This coming Sunday we will have a beginner trip! Itinery and location are currently TBC as we wait for up-to-date forecasts and reports, but sign-up at the pool tonight, and check the forum where the trip list will develop, and you will be updated on any new developments that come in during the week!

Jamie X
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Helloooooo LUUCC!

I can’t believe it is the last week before the end of term! How did that happen? Well if anybody figures out an answer to this mind-boggling question be sure to let me know, but in the mean time, lets get on with it.

Yesterday, we had a fantastic trip to the river Wharfe, in which some of our new beginners showed us what they were made of! Special congratulations to Katy Mountain and Fran Baker who made it through their first river trip in style, and both managed to successfully tackle Coniston Falls! Awesome. At the same time, our intermediate and advanced paddlers were also able to have a play, hitting some of the harder lines on the river, and just generally having a laugh.

Click the link to see how we got on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5PIoItC ... yBwQHVmQI=

Let’s hope the brilliant sunshine stays with us for a little longer!

In the coming week:

Come down to the edge to have one last mess-about before the Easter break. There will be a fun, relaxed atmosphere, perfect for practicing your skills, mucking about with your mates, or if you so desire, giving the people who can roll something I like to call ‘The Washingmachine Treatment’.

Those of you who owe money for hoodies, please bring £25 to the pool tonight, or Becky and Ruth will go She-Hulk on your asses.
x

Wednesday Night – Social – 8.00pm – The Terrace
Yo

The plan for this week is HIFI. We will be meeting up at TERRACE at 8pm, heading down to MOOK for some cocktails then nipping over the road for some funky beats at HIFI, it's £4/ £3.50 with NUS. As it's the last one before the break we wanna see as many people as possible there. It's gonna be off the hook so bring your dancing shoes.

Much love

Team Gorilla

any problems contact us
George ( still no texts)- 07502339324
Millie -07850374418

So, last week before Easter! Whether a completely new or experienced paddler come along for a bit of polo, its just like basketball in a boat, interesting I hear you say. Now there’s even an Easter themed prize on offer. Be it that you swim the most, or actually play well, it could be yours. All for a quid. So come along! Thursday 9pm. The edge.

Bucs Polo money (£20) to me aswell! Pool sesh or polo please.
See ya all there.
Oli.
x

Sunday River Trip – Intermediate/Advanced

Time to see off this short term with a bang!

It’s lovely and sunny, so a trip either to the Lakes or the Tees will be on the cards, or possibly the Tryweryn (if it is releasing, and people are happy to pay the extra 5 quid for petrol to Wales (worth it)).

I am aware that many of you may have gone home by this point so this trip will be subject to interest. Please state your interest by going onto the LUUCC forum, where I will make a topic entitled ‘Easter river trip’. I will need to know if we have enough numbers to make it viable by Thursday.
http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... um.php?f=1

Jamie X
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Helloooooooo LUUCC!

It has been a long, hard month of Easter holidays being deprived the drug that is the Canoe Club, but now, with term back in session, coursework and exams looming, and your number one source of procrastination and relief is back!

News

Over the holidays many members of LUUCC went over to the paddling UK paddling Mecca that is the Scottish Highlands. Thomas Clowes, Bryn Carter, Patrick Fuller and I took part in a ‘Student Safety’ course, and got some top quality coaching from Tom Parker (of Tom Parker Coaching fame) and Chris Eastabrook. The course was great and we all got a hell of a lot out of it! If you are interested in becoming a potential river leader in the future, then this course will be great for you. A repeat of the course with Chris Eastabrook is being organised for the end of exams by our very own Katy Somerville, so if you are interested please either get in touch with her or post on the forum topic here: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=5043

BUCS Polo
Coming up, we have the biggest event in Canoe Polio in the LUUCC calendar on the 20/21/22nd of April, Leaving on Friday after lectures are over.

BUCS POLO! Majority of the details are on the forum so head on over, kit shall need to be dropped to the chapel this Thursday evening at the polo session. You will need a TENT to sleep in, so head over to the tent topic on the forum, transport list will be updated throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled for that as well.

If you have any questions about the BUCS Canoe Polo competition please don’t hesitate to contact our Polo Sec Oliver Excell via Facebook or the BUCS Polo forum page: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=4996

In the coming week:

That’s right, you heard! Monday night pool sessions are still on in our final term, and will be continuing as normal until May 24th. So after a long hard day of revision, please come down and have a splash about. It will do you no harm at all to spend an hour and a half in the evening relaxing with your mates at the pool.

Wednesday Night – Social – 8.00pm – The Terrace

Yo

Hope you’ve all had a good easter and feelin fresh for the last term. This weeks social will be at wire, its a monthly event called Karma (check it http://www.facebook.com/events/163046493815820/) so you know it will be good.

So in usual form we will be meeting at terrace at 8.30pm, heading down for a few drinks at strawbs and then making the trek down to wire for about 11 pm. It should be £3 each if you say you're with Camilla Varney! Hope to see y’all there as everyones probably missing everyone over easter and also its katy’s birthday so its gonna be mad.

Team gorilla
Contact us if there is any problems
George -07502339324 (can receive texts finally)
Millie – 07850374418
Ps anyone seen George’stuff from nsr including mighty ducks jumper

Hey all. Hope Easters treated everyone well and your all ready for a busy week of polo. First off we have the usual polo session, Thursday 9pm, The Edge, anyone playing in Bucs/Christie cup would be lovely to see you there to get a bit of team practice on the go.

As well as BUCS Polo (see News section) we also have the CHRISTIE CUP to prepare for! A local tournament between us, Manchester and Liverpool held in Liverpool docks. Wednesday the 25th, 2pm. Sign up is on the forum, get on it people.

For anyone extra keen for practice, White Rose have started training at Roundhay lake, be nice to see a few faces. Again details on the forum.

See ya soon. Oli.
x

Friday – BUCS POLO!

ye, Bucs Pol0 first weekend back after Easter (20th-22nd April). Camp in Doncaster somewhere. Bit of Polo. Job done. What’s not to love? (Don’t actually answer this)

Team costs £160 each, covers entry fee, camping and a Saturday night meal. So just over £20 each basically.

Hoping to field 3 teams:

Mens league:

Aidan Radford - 200675311
Paddy Fuller - 200526986
Jamie Greenhalgh - 200542800
Charles Smallwood - 200448893
Ross MacLeod - 200447298
Oliver Excell - 200550483

Ladies league:

Becky McEwen - 200396137
Sarah Wallace - 200036826
Katy Somerville - 200379476
Vanessa Yolen - 200664281
Beth Morgan - 200385006
Sarah Holmes - 200522808

Reed Chill Cheater League (Fresher team):

Carrick Armer
Giles B
Alex Craven
Chris Merriman
Tom Clowes
Arthur Mercer

We will be getting into cars to go on Friday Afternoon. Keep checking the forum for those transport lists guys!
http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=4996

That’s all from me. Im very much looking forward to seeing you all in the coming month!

Regards,

Jamie Greenhalgh
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

YO!

Howdy all you LUUCC’ers, its time for your weekly bulletin!

Over the last week, woken up by the rain, the dormant forces of canoe club regulars began to stir. On Wednesday with the help of our highly trained professional social secretaries, we celebrated 3 very important events: our reunion, katy’s birthday, and Bryns birthday, in style (wetsuit booties :)). As the rivers begun to swell, paddling trips started being organised, until everyone remembered it was time for BUCS POLO! Over the weekend three teams of LUUCC elites went to Hatfield to take on the forces of evil (clubs who love polo too much), along with a few great allies (We love you York and Reading!), in the great British Universities & Colleges Polo championships!

The competition for us was a true underdog story from the start (better than Dodgeball), with all teams experiencing defeats at the hands of serious polo unis. But we stayed strong and cheered each other on, and remembered that its all just a bit of fun anyway. Throughout the weekend each team improved astronomically, and we even won a few games. No louder cheer was heard all weekend than the monstrous roar we all let out when our Polo Sec Oli Excell smashed home the first goal for LUUCC on Saturday afternoon. We may have been technically losing, but you definitely wouldn’t know it.

I would like to say a bit thank you and well done to all of those who were a part of the event:
Leeds Open A: Charley Smallwood, Ross Macleod, Oliver Excell, Patrick Fuller, Aidan Radcliffe, Jamie Greenhalgh and Beth Morgan.
Leeds Ladies A: Katy Somerville, Sarah Walker, Sarah Holmes, Becky McEwan, Vanessa Yolen and Beth Morgan.
Leeds B: Carrick Armor, Giles B, Thomas Clowes and Arthur Mercer

The next week will be slightly more relaxed, but here is what’s going down.

[size=18]Monday Night - Pool Session – 9pm - The Edge - £1[/size]

Feel like the weight of imminent deadlines and exams is crushing your soul? You’re not alone.
Why not come over to the pool this evening and have a bit of a chill away from the stresses of usual uni exam time life. Maybe do a little kayaking too :P

Wednesday – Christie Cup – 2pm – Free

Right then ladies and gents.

Straight off the back of BUCS we have Christie cup. For those that don't know what it is, be a Canoe Polo tournament against Manchester and Liverpool. Held on the afternoon of Wednesday 25th April. We will be meeting at the Chapel at 1pm prompt. For more information go to: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=5071

Don’t forget to bring a Towel ;)

Wednesday Night – Social – 8.30pm – The Terrace
Bonjourno,

So its coming to the sad time where socials are no more and we all hide in the library cramming away, but before that we think we should all have a last mad one (until summer meal) to celebrate Miss Tuppen's birthday.

Terrace at 8.30, pit stop at Yates on the way for a top up and then on to Southern Fried at Cockpit for some craaaazy Hip Hop and cheap-ass drinks.

Join us!

Team gorilla
Contact us if there is any problems
George -07502339324 (can receive texts finally)
Millie – 07850374418

Firstly there has to be a massive WELL DONE to all that played at Bucs! If you weren’t there, why not? Imagine missing Katy overcoming her fear of binning, BIN ‘EM ALL! Ross smashing in goal after goal, Sarah saving just about everything, Becky the golden goal hero and Tom even playing POLO.

Feel like you’ve missed out? Here’s your chance to join the fun. Firstly we have Christie cup, local tournament in Liverpool against Manchester and Liverpool. Wanna play? Sign up and details on the forum. Secondly, as usual Polo session at the Edge, Thursday 9pm, one shiny pound. Anyone welcome, whether you’re completely new or just discovered a new found love.

See ya there. Oli. x

That’s all from us, but if you are bored and want something to do, please just have a look at the Chat section of our Forum. There is always someone wanting to do something, be it kayaking, biking, eating or drinking!

Cheers,
Jamie Greenhalgh
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Yo =D Hello LUUCC!

Well its been a pretty odd week for kayaking, with river levels rising and falling like a bi-polar on a trampoline. Exams have meant most of us have been a bit boring, but a few of the keen’os managed to go over to the Lakes on Saturday to catch a seriously low water run of the river Kent. Better luck next time guys. Today we say a very happy birthday to our wonderful club Secretary Ruby Hawes! Woop, happy 21st, you have survived another year, and can officially drink in America. Well done you.

On Wednesday, not disheartened by the torrential rain, 10 gallant members went over to Liverpool Docks to play Canoe Polo at the ‘Battle of the North’, the Christie Cup. The rain let up just as we got on the water, and a great day was had by all. The Men’s team won a fantastic game against a slightly ropey Manchester, and the Women’s team came away, having won all of their matches! Our scores were as follows:
Ladies Results:

Leeds 1:0 Liverpool
Leeds 2:0 Manchester (so technically we get 3:0 as they forfeited)

Lads Results:

Leeds 5:0 Manchester
Leeds 0:3 Liverpool

News on the overall victor (between us and Liverpool) is eagerly awaited.

Tonight come on over to our special ‘Ruby’ themed pool session, wearing your best Ruby coloured pool-wear, and using your best high-pitched voices. The person who takes this most seriously (though I don’t expect many will) will be let off their pool fee.

If you are planning on attending the LUUCC Welsh Weekend, this is your reminder to please bring £22 to the pool session tonight!

Wednesday Evening – Sociable Eating – 7.30pm – Gourmet Burger Kitchen - 29 East Parade, City Centre.

Howdy,

Gourmet Burger Kitchen are doing 2 burgers for £12...so George and I are thinking we should grab this offer on Wednesday!

Vouchers here... http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/offer/gbk-2for12-april12/ so if you fancy joining print one off then we'll have more than enough!

Let us know if you are coming so we can book a table! We're thinking about half7/8 o'clock.

Team Gorilla

George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Thursday - 6pm - Room 3 upstairs in the Union

So as if the weekend of on-water coaching were not enough, we are going to meet up at the union the day before we leave for a chat. We'll have a couple of experienced members/ex members (including Ben D, Adam D and Roo) leading the discussion, and we'll hope to introduce to you guys a few of the key concepts that will be tackled in the weekend. Hopefully those who attend will be able to go away and consolidate, and then put it all into practice over the weekend, allowing you to get the most out of the weekend possible.

Though targeted to the Welsh Weekend paddlers, this is open to anybody, and I'd encourage anybody thinking of stepping their boating up after the Summer to come.

Cheers,

Jamie

Hey all. Seems like only yesterday we were stood in the cold at Liverpool giving a certain number 10 player a lot of stick! A massive well done to everyone who played in Christie cup. We had some great results!

The term’s not over yet though, and with P0L0 sessions still running, never has there been a better time to let out some exam stress. Same as always, Thursday, The Edge, just before 9pm. Even if you’re a complete beginner come join the fun.
See ya there. Oli. x

Friday – The Welsh Training Weekend

As some of you know, after Easter is the time for the last official club weekend away, traditionally called Alps Training, although that has been changed for Union reasons.

We go to Wales, camp in a field and do some real gritty river-kayaking training.

Aside from a fantastic opportunity to go boating on some great Welsh rivers, it will also be a great opportunity for people to take a serious step up in their ability level. For those who go, the main aims of the trip will be:
• Honing the leadership skills of our advanced paddlers, training them to be safe and successful river-leaders in the future, and in the Alps if they go this summer.
• Give vital lessons in safely paddling white water, helping paddlers to become more self-sufficient on the river, preparing them well for any personal boating trips they wish to make in the future.
• To get out for a fantastic and (hopefully) sunny break in North Wales.

On the List are:
1.Jamie Greenhalgh
2.Beth Morgan
4.Tom Oram
5.Vanessa Yolen
6.Ruth Coe
7.Sean Carley
8.Katy Somerville
9.Becky McEwen
10.Arthur Mercer
11.Reuben Elliot
12.Carrick Armor
13.Lee Etchells
14.Jack Raffan
15. Charley Smallwood
16. Adam Dumolo

All of you will need to contact me/Becky/Ruby within the next few days and pay.

We will leave Friday afternoon, and transport times will be going up on the forum over the next couple of days. If there are any special considerations you would like made when alotting transport, please let us know. There is still space on this trip, so if you would like to get on it, please let one of us know either personally or by posting on the forum: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... sc&start=0

That’s all for this week. If you have any questions about anything, please send me a Facebook message or post on the forum (promise my phone is being sorted! 3 are being idiots. No longer my fault!). Alternatively give Ruby a ring at Oh7986811667.

Cheers!

Jamie Greenhalgh
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey!

So its now the time in the year when we will say goodbye :( With the Welsh Training Weekend officially put behind us that signifies the end of White Water Kayaking adventures in this academic year. If you have really enjoyed kayaking this year, you should definitely go onto google and look up your local canoe club and visit them for some summer boating! It’s like winter boating, except warmer. The Welsh Weekend was a fantastic trip, and all those who attended learnt tons! Paddlers really got to grips with awesome leadership and coaching techniques, and it seems safe to say that we will be entering the next academic year with all the talent we need to be the best club we can for all the Freshers.
I’d like to say a massive thank you to Roo, Ben D, and Adam D, for their huge amounts of help throughout the planning of the weekend.

So, first thing first. Due to the bank holiday, there is No Pool Session tonight!

However, there are still a few things going on in the week to get involved with:

Wednesday – Social Revision Break – 8pm

Yo

Were gonna go for a drink or two at hyde park pub this wednesday at 8pm , super chilled as everyones probably gotta get hella early.

Join us

Team Gorilla

George 07502339324
Mill dog 07850374418

Missed out on your weekly dose of splashing about in a pool because of some bank holiday? Already looking for revision breaks even tho you haven’t actually started? Either way, seems like a perfect time to play a bit of P0L0. Thursday. Meet at the Edge, quarter to 9. Just one lovely pound.

See ya there. Oli. x

That's all for this week! Take care everybody and good luck in your exams! Cant wait to see you all after summer!

Jamie Greenhalgh x
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 pm

This my friends, is sadly the last time the Leeds University Union Canoe Club email will go out.............
until September...

But fear not! In the coming week we will have our final two pool and pub sessions, and shortly afterwards will come the LUUCC Summer Meal. The best and tastiest post-exam party you will ever attend on that particular date!

Summer Meal
Come along to Weetwood on Saturday and celebrate the end to an amazing year of LUUCC. We'll kick everything off with some awesome games and a chance to get competitive against your fellow club members (with some little prizes) and a play on the bouncy castle then there will be a scrumptious BBQ with options to tempt even the finest of taste buds (including you vegetarians). You will also be able to purchase drinks from the bar.

Then the moment you have all been waiting for....THE LUUCC END OF YEAR AWARDS!!!! If you're new to LUUCC this year this is the highlight of summer meal. Find out who's most improved boater and who's won the prestigious 'Emily Parker Prize' along with many others. We will also be saying a sad farewell to everyone graduating this year (but im sure they won't be away for long, the temptation of Tyne Tour and NSR are just too great)

The theme is Anything But Clothes. This involves getting creative with anything you own that isn't an item of clothing to put together an outfit; from bags to bandages. Get making...you might even win yourself a prize on the day.

Weetwod Playing Fields are just past Woodies (The first pub on the otley run) on the Otley Road. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weetwood- ... 8142219273
If you are coming from the direction of the uni, just hop on a number 95 or 1 bus. Hop off by Oxley or when you see the sign for Weetwood, walk along the drive and we'll be on the rugby field just to your right across the car park.
So...BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY! Cut off is Tuesday so we can start buying all the scrumptious food.
You can either go on the union website, clubs & societies, Outdoor Activity Groups and Canoe Club or
Go to the Helpdesk in the Union and ask to sign up.
Tickets are £11 to cover Weetwood, Foooood and the BOUNCY CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once we've all stuffed out faces and 6 o'clock hits, time to pop home for a change of clothes if you wish, a little rest and maybe a few drinks before meeting at the terrace at 8.30 for a drink then move on to Vodka Revolutions (In the Electric press) to carry on the celebrations. Free entry before 10.00 and £2 after. From RnB to House music.

Hope to see you there!
Team Gorilla
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In the mean time everybody, we hope for as many people as possible to join us at the Edge pool this Monday and Thursday at 9pm for the last pool sessions of the year! We intend to take full advantage of each other’s company before we go away for Summer, so hope you can join. Come in Monday for standard pool session fun, or Thursday for Canoe Polo. And then... ... ... That’s it.

SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!!!

Lots of love,

Jamie Greenhalgh,

P.S. I challenge you to have a better Summer than me!
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Hello and welcome to the start of the new year at Leeds University. If you’re reading this email, it means you’ve signed up to the mailing list of one of the best, most active societies in the Union, and one of the biggest Canoe Clubs in the country! Thanks to everyone that came to see us at the stall this week, and to all those who were accosted by weirdos in kayaking gear and broken monster boats, hopefully this fantastic first week of activities we have planned will make it up to you!

On a completely unrelated note, anyone who buys their membership from the Union website before September 30th will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a fabulous Leeds University Canoe Club hoody!

Monday 24th and Thursday 27th– Taster Pool Sessions – 9pm - The Edge - £1

Wondering what all this kayaking stuff is about? Come along to the Edge on Monday night, have a go in a boat, and get some quality coaching from LUUCC’s finest. There’ll be lots of social chatting and fun and games, and then afterwards we’ll head over to the Old Bar (downstairs in the union) for a few drinks.

If you’re interested in coming to either of this week’s paddling trips, you must have attended the pool session in order to be able to sign up.

General swimwear required, shorts and t-shirt are recommended.

Wednesday 26th– First River Trip – 12.45pm – The Jerusalem Chapel (opposite the Edge).

This Wednesday it will all properly kick off with the first of our trips, aimed toward complete beginners. We’re planning on heading over to a section of the River Wharfe, which has a nice gentle flow in order to ease our beginners into boating on moving water. We’ll go for a chilled paddle along this section, play a few games, and be back in time for THE FIRST SOCIAL OF THE YEAR!

Sign-up at the Monday pool session. Club membership will be required for insurance purposes. We will provide all kayaking gear, but you will need to bring: some layers to wear underneath your kit, some shoes to wear on the river, a warm change of clothes and a towel. You will get wet!

Wednesday 26th– First Social– 8pm – Meet at The Terrace

The plan for the first social is to meet at the Terrace at 8 pm for drinking and meeting a bunch of new people, head down to mook for 2 for 1 cocktails and then across the road to HIFI for fun dance times. Its gonna be a mad one with hella loads of people so you gotta be there.

Hope to see ya there,

Team gorilla

(Contact us if there is any problems
George -07502339324
Millie – 07850374418)

Sunday 30th – Beginners kayak beach trip – 9am - The Jerusalem Chapel (Opposite the Edge).

A trip that will appeal to a whole range of LUUCC boaters from the complete beginner to the vastly experienced paddler... a relaxing day at the beach in a boat. We’ll head over to the East coast and have a paddle about in the swell :) The perfect way to get used to paddling around in a kayak in moving water. There will be loads of games and fun things to do and YOU WILL GET WET so bring loads of warm clothes (thermals or a wetsuit if you’ve got anything like that), a towel and some old trainers. Meet at Jerusalem chapel opposite the Edge at 9am.

You must be a member to come on a club trip. The cost of the trip will be £7 to cover petrol and van hire, an absolute bargain for a full day out! Sign up at either the Monday of Thursday pool sessions.

To join LUUCC simply buy our annual membership online at the LUU website for only £35 for the year:
http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/ ... oor/canoe/
For more information come check out our website and join our forum:
http://luucc.co.uk/
http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/forum/index.php
And any questions feel free to email: TheCaptain@LUUCC.co.uk

Loads to look forward to! That’s it for this week, I look forward to meeting you all soon :)

Jamie x

p.s. my phone is out of action for a fortnight or so, so if you wanna contact us then use the email address above (or, in case of emergency, phone our secretary Ruby on 078six9 81one 6six7)
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Helloooooo LUUCC

We have had a fantastic start to the new academic year and I’m completely thrilled by the enthusiasm of this year’s intake of Freshers. Yesterday, at the suggestion of our Ordinary Member Ross, we took a large group of Freshers and veterans over to Scarborough South Beach. There the newbies received some top quality coaching, and were helped to learn to surf a kayak on the waves. A serious crash course in boat control.

In other news, we said that anybody who bought their LUUCC membership before the end of September would be entered into a prizedraw to win a fantastic LUUCC hoody! At the beginning of week 2 of term we have a whopping 51 members!

The winner (found through random number generator) is

RASHMI SENEVIRATNE

we'll be attempting to find her to give her her prize asap.

Monday Pool Session – 9pm - The Edge - £1

If you’re still wondering about whether or not to join in, attending one of these pool sessions is a must! (You can come to the pool without membership). We’ll generally spend a little while working on our skills with coaches, and a lot of time just splashing about and having fun, before heading over to the Old Bar for a bit of a natter.
Trip signups are done directly after the pool session, so be there if you want first dibs!

Wednesday–River Trip – Intermediate/Advanced 12.45pm – The Jerusalem Chapel (opposite the Edge).

Because of unprecedented amounts of rain recently, we’ll be attempting to take advantage and get some of our intermediate and advanced paddlers out to practice their safe river-running skills, and to test them a little.

After a rainy Tuesday night we’re expecting decent levels on the Upper Wharfe section. This will be a great opportunity to try to push your skills. I imagine that (noncompulsory) Linton Falls will be a serious undertaking for those looking to wet their pants a little!

This will be the perfect trip for intermediates, as the challenging rapids are connected by easy flat sections. Meanwhile advanced paddlers will definitely have a lot of fun on the larger rapids. Sign-up on Monday at the pool. Cost £7

Wednesday 26th–Bowling Social– 8.30pm – Meet at The Terrace

Soooo this week we're off bowling!!!!!

George and I will be at the Terrace at 8.30 to meet anyone who doesn't know where they're going or fancies some company for the stroll down. Lanes are booked from 9pm for 2 games so if you're meeting us there aim to get there for about 8.45/9 to sort out shoes and stuff. (Its the bowling alley in the Merrion Centre http://www.1stbowl.com/leeds/contact-us)

Its £2.25 a game (bring student cards incase we need them) and for anyone who hasn't been before there is a bar there which should hopefully have some drinks offers on.

Afterwards we'll head over the road to Walkabout for a bit of a boogy and no doubt a few more drinks!

See you all there!

Team Gorilla xXx

Any problems
George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Thursday – Canoe Polo – 8.45pm – The Jerusalem Chapel (Opposite the Edge).

So if you’re curious about this sport that really does sound a little made up, come along to the pool Thursday night and find out. Its great fun and really brings out your competitive side.

Sunday 30th – Beginners River Trip – 9am - The Jerusalem Chapel (Opposite the Edge).

This trip is designed to be a fantastic introduction to white water kayaking. We’re aiming to go to a sight called the Burrs. A real favorite for all LUUCC paddlers. It boasts great intro whitewater with lots of waves and eddies for us to practice on, along with an awesome 18-foot waterslide! Super fun. So beginners, you need to come to the pool session on Monday and get in there quick before the older members fill the trip list. They really do love it!
You must be a member to come on a club trip. The cost of the trip will be £7 to cover petrol and van hire, an absolute bargain for a full day out! Sign up at either the Monday of Thursday pool sessions.

To join LUUCC simply buy our annual membership online at the LUU website for only £35 for the year:
http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/ ... oor/canoe/
For more information come check out our website and join our forum:
http://luucc.co.uk/
http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/forum/index.php
And any questions feel free to email: TheCaptain@LUUCC.co.uk

Loads to look forward to! That’s it for this week, I look forward to meeting you all soon :)

Jamie x
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Helloooo LUUCC

Hope everyone is still enjoying this term as much as we are! The second week kicked off with a whole load of flooding, which was a bit of a pain in the city, but if you’re a paddler, pretty awesome! Wednesday saw some of LUUCC’s more experienced members go out to a hugely inflated upper section of the River Wharfe, and shoot down some fantastic class 4 Yorkshire whitewater. Props to the team for paddling well and looking after each other! Photos and blog @ http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=5267

By the end of the week, the river levels had dropped enough for a lovely bimble down the classic Burrs section with as many of our keen beginners as we could fit. Everyone had a great day, and the Freshers who went were getting the hang of complex skills like ‘ferry gliding’ and ‘eddying’ very nicely.

In other news, the Tyne Tour signup has now begun! You can buy your LUUCC Tyne Tour ticket at the Union helpdesk, or online. The Tyne Tour is the canoe club’s first big weekend away, taking place from the 2nd-4th of November. Not one to miss!!! For more information visit: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... 0656#50656

But enough about all that! This week is another one Jam-Packed with things to do for the keen LUUCC paddler/fresher.

Come along to tonight’s pool session for a bit of a splash about, some time to practice or be coached, and also the chance to sign up to this week’s trips!

Wednesday–River Trip – Beginner 12.45pm – The Jerusalem Chapel (opposite the Edge).

This afternoon’s river trip will be aimed at total beginners, along with people who might have been once or twice before and want to practice. We’re planning on heading over to a section of the River Wharfe, which has a nice gentle flow in order to ease our beginners into boating on moving water. We’ll go for a chilled paddle along this section, play a few games, and be back in time for the social.

Sign-up at the Monday pool session. Club membership will be required for insurance purposes. We will provide all kayaking gear, but you will need to bring: some layers to wear underneath your kit, some shoes to wear on the river, a warm change of clothes and a towel. You will get wet!

Wednesday- Social – 8.30pm – Meet at The Terrace Alreeeet

The plan for next weeks social is here. Faversham are doing a new night called bumblebeats and weve got free entry fo everyone . They're also gonna treat us to our own section in the club and some free champagne. So like normal gonna meet at terrace at half 8, swing down to strawbs for cheap drinks ( double vodka and mixer 2.50, triple jump which is £5 for 3 drinks- alcopop or lager, double vodka with coke or lemonade and a shot of apple sours) and then head to faversham for fun dance times. Hope to see ya there .
Team Gorilla xXx

Any problems
George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Thursday – GIVE IT A GO! Session – 9pm – The Edge pool

DON'T PANIC!

If you missed the Give-it-a-Go in Freshers week it's not too late!

Come along and get some top quality coaching from some of the best kayakers in Leeds.
No previous canoe/kayaking experience required, just enthusiasm and the ability to swim 25m.

We'll kick things off with some basic techniques then get on and play some games.

All for a mere £1 entry and no need to be a member.
Bring your mates, swimming stuff, a t-shirt, and a few £££ for Old Bar afterwards!

If you’re already a member this is a great opportunity to come, drag your friends along, and persuade everyone why the club you’ve joined is the best!

https://www.facebook.com/events/347808691976261/

Sunday – River Trip – Intermediate/Advanced

So this Sunday will be the first of our full day intermediate/advanced trips. All plans are weather dependent, but it seems likely that we’ll head over to the Lake District and paddle something classic and fairly challenging. For this trip we’re looking for lots of our more experienced and semi experienced boaters to get out and really bond as a group in preparation for the roll we’ll be taking in the Tyne Tour.
Any questions email thecaptain@luucc.co.uk

Cheers everybody!
Jamie x
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Helloooo LUUCC

The past week has been absolutely ace, and everyone involved in it should give themselves a massive pat on the back. Wednesday was a pretty great success of a beginner trip on the lower Wharfe. 15 newbies were shown the ropes of white water kayaking, and coached to take their first steps (so to speak) on the road to kayaking greatness :) The social that followed, was also one to remember... or not ;)
I’d like to thank everyone who came to the Give It A Go session the day after the social! Your presence was massively appreciated, and because of the success of the evening, we should be getting a nice little cash injection from the union to hopefully pay for a bit of new club kit :)

Now for another reminder about the Tyne Tour: Sign up is still going, so get yourselves over to the union helpdesk or the website (you have to be logged in), and buy that ticket! For those of you who still dont really know what the amazing weekend that is the Tyne Tour is, take a look at this link: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... php?t=5274

Once you have your ticket check out the Tyne Tour Tent Topic. If you dont have a tent, shout about it on there, and if you have one you dont mind sharing, again, shout about it! We know a tent isnt normally top of a students list of things to bring to uni, so its important that people are generous with each other.

Also, why not have a go at the Tyne Tour T-Shirt Competition. Submit your design, and if it wins then get your T-Shirt for free!

Come along to tonight’s pool session for a bit of a splash about, some time to practice or be to coached!

Wednesday- Social – 8.30pm – Meet at The Terrace

YOOOOO

hope y'all had a good time last week and that your ready for this weeks social. Standardly meeting up at terrace at half 8 before heading down malukos (10 ish, so try and be sharpish) for cheap drinks (1.25 russian standard and mixer, 5 sourz for £5, £2 or 3 for £5 fosters and jagerbombs), our own area and comp champers to boot. We're then gonna make a move to Cockpit for Southern fried (hip hop, rnb and pop) which is real cheap (£2 put ya name on the guestlist).
Hope to see ya there

Team Gorilla xxx

Any problems
George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Thursday – Polo – 8.45pm – The Edge (meet at the chapel)

Roll up roll up and come along to the Canoe Polo express! Ever had fun playing netball or basketball? If yes, its even better in kayaks. If no, now you’ve gotta try it in kayaks! Canoe Polo is great fun and we’d like to share it with as many people as possible. C’mon, you probably should :P

This weekend is being used as a ‘staff training’-esq weekend, and a large majority of our riverleaders will be in Wales attending seminars on Student kayaker safety. For this reason, there will be no Sunday club trip. Don’t be too disheartened, as the following Sunday will be a beginner trip of (hopefully) huge proportion! Come next Monday to sign onto that.

Cheers,

Jamie Greenhalgh
LUUCC Captain 2012/13
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

G’day LUUCC

The fabled Tyne Tour is in less than 2 weeks time, and we are getting pretty excited about it! For those who still don’t know what it is, the Tyne Tour is the canoe club’s first big weekend away, taking place from the 2nd-4th of November. Not one to miss!!! For more information visit: http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... 0656#50656

Buy your ticket on the canoe club page of the Union website (you must be logged on, and a member), or at the helpdesk. Sign-up closes on Wednesday 4pm!

If you have already bought your Tyne Tour ticket, the next step is to go onto the Tent Topic on our forum. Here is where you coordinate sleeping arrangements. If you dont have a tent, say you need a space. If you do have a tent, would you be kind enough to offer a space to anyone? Not many posts on this thread yet, so we’re assuming that everyone is sorted...

If you are a novice, and are getting ready for Tyne Tour, you’re strongly urged to get involved with either of the two trips this week. It makes a big difference having spent a little while in a boat before being chucked down the North Tyne. =D

Come along to tonight’s pool session for a bit of a splash about, some time to practice or be coached, and also the chance to sign up to this week’s trips!

Wednesday–River Trip – Beginner 12.45pm – The Jerusalem Chapel (opposite the Edge).

This afternoon’s river trip will be aimed at total beginners, along with people who might have been once or twice before and want to practice. We’re planning on heading over to a section of the River Wharfe, which has a nice gentle flow in order to ease our beginners into boating on moving water. We’ll go for a chilled paddle along this section, play a few games, and be back in time for the social.

Wednesday- Social – 7.30pm – Pizza Express
Yooo

Hope you all had a good time last week and ready for the next social. As both Halloween and Tyne tour are coming up very shortly this week is gonna be more chilled. We gonna go for a meal at Pizza express in town ( Pizza Express Restaurants, 4 Albion Place, Leeds, google maps that thing). The deal is a starter, main and a drink for a tenner or if ya want you can do 2 for 1 if you got an orange wednesdays code thing . The tables are booked for 7.30pm please post on the forum topic (HERE) if ya wanna come so we know numbers. Hope to see ya there.

Team Gorilla xXx

Any problems
George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418
Thursday – Canoe Polo – The Edge pool – 8.45pm (meet at the chapel)

Stress of the term beginning to get you down? I know a great way to release stress and pent up energy, and that’s Canoe Polo. Its pretty much just lobbing a ball about in boats, and trying to pretend youre a ‘proper sports player’. Join the fun!

Sunday – River Trip – Beginners & Intermediates (basically everybody) Chapel – 9am - £7

On this week’s river trip, we plan to head to the River Lune. A true classic for the LUUCC, the Lune boasts fun, forgiving rapids, easy learning spots, and enjoyable wave-trains. For the novice, this will be an excellent opportunity to get you feeling a little more like a proper boater, and provide you with the skills you need to get down future rivers in style. You’ll find that the most important rule of kayaking is looking good ;)

For the Intermediate, here you will have an excellent opportunity to practice your leadership and safety skills on some very willing subjects (under the watchful eye of the leaders of course).

Everyone need to make sure they bring lots of warm clothes to wear on and off the river. Thermals, cags and wetsuits are a paddler’s best friend. No cotton!

Well that’s all folks, hope to see you this week. It’s gonna be a good’n!

Any questions email thecaptain@luucc.co.uk

Cheers everybody!
Jamie x
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Helloooo LUUCC! (Drum roll starts)
This week is the one we have all been waiting for! (boom boom boom boom)
The weekend of the Century! (boom boom boom boom)
Filled with parties, camping, fireworks and rivers! (boom boom boom boom)
Crazy dancing, ridiculous drunkards and some epic white water! (boom boom boom boom)
THE TYNE TOUR IS HERE!!!!!!! (DRUMS LIKE A MADMAN!)

If you’re coming to Tyne Tour, make sure you read the Kit drop off, and transport list subheadings!
FYI – There are rumors of lots of rain, or even snow! Make sure you pack accordingly!

Aside from the usual Tyne Tour hype, there are a few things going on this week that should interest you:

Monday – Pool Session – 9pm – The Edge

Standard Monday messing about at the Edge pool. Come down and work on those vital river skills: edging, rolling, bracing, or vitally, forwards paddling!

Wednesday – Halloween Fruity Social – Meet at George’s House – 8.30pm
Yo

Next week is Halloween and we're off to Fruity. The plan is pre drinks at George's house (flat 3, 16 Ash Grove, Leeds) then to terrace and then Fruity.
Come dressed up in a Halloween costume , BYOB and make sure you get a ticket for fruity online http://www.leedstickets.com/eventinfo/3433/Halloween or at Cats in the Union! George lives above the hyde park social club, the entry is round the back through the carpark, just buzz or call.
Hope to see y'all there

Team Gorilla xXx

Any problems
George 07502339324
Millie 07850374418

Tyne Tour Kit Drop Off, and Canoe Polo (8.45) - Thursday 7pm- 11pm – The Chapel
Your vehicles will have VERY LITTLE SPACE for extra luggage, so its vital that you drop off your stuff (clothes, paddling gear, tents, sleeping bags, roll matts etc) at the Chapel on Thursday night while people are around there for polo. If you haven’t tried polo before, this could be a great excuse to do it!

If you for any reason can’t drop off your kit at this time on Thursday please get in touch with me (Jamie) so we can figure out a solution.

Tyne Tour Transport Lists – Friday, Various times @ The Chapel
The below list has everyone’s name, below which transport vehicle they will be leaving from. If you have bought your Tyne Tour ticket, but are not on the list, or you are unhappy with the time your vehicle is leaving, please get in touch with me (Jamie) pronto so that I can try to come up with solutions! My number is 079402074two7. Alternatively post on the forum topic entitled ‘Tyne Tour Transport List’ at http://luucc.liquidsatisfaction.com/for ... um.php?f=1

BE SURE TO LOOK AT YOUR TRANSPORT’S THEME AND PREPARE TO DRESS ACCORDINGLY!
Make sure you note down your drivers mobile numbers in case you’re late. Don’t be late!

Disclaimer, there is to be no booze consumed on the transport.
2pm Interesting Van
MYERS, JOSEPH

GRACE, HARRY
VARNEY, CAMILLA

5.30pm Big-Ass Hipsters Van
EXCELL, OLIVER
GREENHALGH, JAMES
FARRALL, MICHAEL

2pm Jungle Car
WARD, JAKE
LOWERSON-HEAD, SHONAGH
FOGG, MATT
NORTH, SIMON
LANZA, JOSEPH

5pm Minibus of Stereotypes
ORAM, THOMAS
BOLTON, NAOMI
BYRNE, JOHN
RAFFAN, JACK
KIRBY, ALASTAIR
CUMMING, CHARLES
EWBANK, WILLIAM
SINGLETON, JAMES
TIERNAN, LEA
HAWES, RUBY
GRIFFITH, JASON
NEWMAN, SAMUEL
HOBSON, FRANCESCA
INGHAM, ROBERT

6pm-The Rubbish Superheroes MPV
CARLEY, SEAN
TAYLOR, DAVID
LAMB, JESSICA
LANGLEY, ATCHARA
WILLIAMS, DEBORAH
WILLIAMS, JOSHUA
WILLIAMS, OWAIN
WILSON, AMY
COE, RUTH

2pm Inevitably Inappropriate MPV
MCCAMBRIDGE, DARRAGH 07933830759
HATCH, JIM
ISAACS, NATASHA
SIMKINS, FIONA
MERCER, ARTHUR
POFFLEY, BARNABAS
CARTER, BRYN
LIV
CANAVAN, ANDY

7pm Car (theme?)
- UNDERHILL, NICOLA
MOYNIHAN, HELEN
SKELHORN, NICHOLAS

6pm 80’s Track Stars Tour Car
MERRIMAN
MCEWEN, REBECCA
CLOWES, THOMAS
SOMERVILLE, KATHERINE

PAGE, GEORGE

If you are bringing your own personal boat or paddle, please post it on the forum topic named ‘Tyne Tour Transport List’ so that we can make sure it goes in the van!

Thanks,
Jamie Greenhalgh,
LUUCC Captain
Jamie
Failed/Failing my degree

Next

Return to Announcements