Menu button

Drivers and Driving

Moderator: Web Monkeys

Drivers and Driving

Postby peterH » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:21 pm

The Club can not run with out drivers. So thank you to every one who drives for the club.

To drive for the club you need to be registered with the Union currently the clubs registered drivers are.

Luke Farrington ----- Van
Matt Haydock ------- Van
John Fuller ---------- Mini Bus + Van
Steve Hutton -------- Mini Bus + Van
Tim Trew ----------- Mini Bus + Van
Paul Wilkinson ------ Mini Bus + Van

If you want to help the club and for full the requirements of the union, Please let one of the committee know.
Link to the Unions document on driving.

If you are over the age of 21 and hold a full UK driving licence you can drive a mini bus for the union as it is a not profit organisation. Mini bus drivers must have passed a MiDAS test these expire after four years.

The vehicles we hire from the union are taxed as Goods Vehicles as such the speed limits are different from a personal vehicle;

Road -- Single carriage way -- Dual carriage way -- Motorways
Speed ------ 50mph --------------- 60mph ------------- 60mph

The new generation of speed cameras link with the DVLA and you can be charged for speeding according to the limits applied to the type of vehicle you are driving.

We hire from either Salford Map
or Leeds commercial map

Correct as of 01Sept08
Theoretical kayaker...
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Postby mattH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Thought I'd bump this up again - just so its clear in my head who can drive what (to my current knowledge). Please note, just because your name is down here, doesn't mean you're booked down for anything, so dont fret.

Minibus and van
Matt Haydock
Paul Wilkinson
Luke Farrington
Fon Yuller (KOTW)
Peter H

Adam Webster
Nicola Underhill
Benedict D
Sarah Wallace
Patrick Delcassian

If I have missed you out, please PM me.

If anyone else has a clean UK car licence, has been driving for 2 years of more, and is willing to drive a LWB or Luton van, please pm me and head up to the ARC so you can be put on the Uni Insurance policy. All you need to do is fill out one form, and take along both parts of your licence (photo ID and paper counterpart).

As mentioned, the club cannot run without drivers, and so many thanks to any new and existing drivers.

Matt x
Always remember to drive like Welsh Cheese - CAERPHILLY!
User avatar
Laurent Vales
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Testosterone Towers with podgey and the giant

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About us

Congratulations on choosing the best club at Leeds!

At Leeds University Union Canoe club, we pride ourselves on our member base of paddlers who specialise in all disciplines of canoe sport at all abilities. Whether you're a complete beginner, a world champion*, a playboater, a river paddler, a creeker, a polo player, or a prolifically hard-core waterfall kayaker, we're sure you'll fit right in. Come along and get involved!

Register and introduce yourself here on the forum or visit our website for more details.

* Yes, we have one. But don't inflate his ego any more...